Abbas Afridi ruled out of the third T20I against New Zealand

Pakistan’s young pace bowler Abbas Afridi has been ruled out of the third T20I against New Zealand due to discomfort from a low-grade abdominal wall muscle strain.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) confirmed his unavailability for the third T20I, which is scheduled to be played tomorrow.

“His [Abbas] scan has shown no sign of significant injury, and he will be managed symptomatically,” the PCB stated.

“His availability for the last 2 games will be made at a later stage.”

He is likely to be replaced by pace bowler Zaman Khan in the third T20I, which will be played at the University Oval in Dunedin.

Follow us on our Official WhatsApp channel

Abbas Afridi made his T20I debut during the first T20I against New Zealand, which Pakistan lost by 46 runs.

Afridi impressed on his debut as he returned with bowling figures of 3-34 during New Zealand’s 226-run innings.

He followed this performance by two wickets in the second match after conceding 43 runs.

New Zealand are currently leading the five-match T20I series 2-0 and will look to seal the series in the third match on Wednesday.

Their captain Kane Williamson is set to miss the remaining matches of the series after suffering a hamstring injury during the second T20I. He is expected to be replaced by Tim Seifert.

READ: Klaasen, Topley power Durban’s Super Giants to victory over Joburg Super Kings

The post Abbas Afridi ruled out of the third T20I against New Zealand appeared first on ASports.tv.



from A Sports | Cricket Live Score, Rankings, Fixtures and Results https://ift.tt/yKc3d6h

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.