Rishabh Pant “fortunate to have a second life” ahead of his comeback

Indian wicketkeeper Rishabh Pant is set to return to cricket after recovering from a life-threatening accident and regaining full fitness.

Rishabh Pant was involved in a serious car accident near his hometown of Roorkee in Uttarakhand back in December 2022.

However, Pant is expected to return to the cricket field in the upcoming IPL 2024, which may pave the way for his comeback to the national team for the upcoming ICC T20 World Cup, scheduled in the West Indies and the United States of America (USA).

During an interview with a local news outlet, he opened up about his experience during the tough phase of his life.

“First time in my life I had that feeling of letting it go. I felt my time in this world was over,” Pant stated his feelings amid the car crash.

“It was the first time I had such a feeling in life. At the time of the accident, I was aware of the wounds, but I was lucky as it could have been even more serious.”

Follow us on our Official WhatsApp channel

He underwent surgeries to reconstruct all ligaments in his right knee before doing his rehab at the National Cricket Academy in Bengaluru. Speaking about his recovery period, he stated that he aimed to reduce it.

“I asked the doctor how long will it take for me to recover. I told him that everybody is speaking different things, but you will give me the most clarity about it,” Pant mentioned.

“He said it would take 16 to 18 months. I told the doctor that whatever timeline you give me, I will reduce six months from it.”

For the unversed, Pant was driving from New Delhi to his hometown Roorkee, a few hours north of the Indian capital, when it crashed into the median before dawn on Friday and immediately caught fire.

The 25-year-old was rescued by a bus driver and conductor on the highway and rushed to a local hospital for treatment before being shifted to an advanced facility in Dehradun.

Pant was a mainstay of the Indian team across formats before the horrific accident, scoring over 4000 runs, which included five Test and one ODI century.

READ: Iftikhar Ahmed apologizes for heated spat with Asad Shafique

The post Rishabh Pant “fortunate to have a second life” ahead of his comeback appeared first on ASports.tv.



from A Sports | Cricket Live Score, Rankings, Fixtures and Results https://ift.tt/yLpqRzY

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.